We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
Credit Karma’s editors and writers want to help you stay on top of credit card news. The information below is accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. Heads up: Credit card terms are subject to change, and the terms outlined below may not be current after the date of publication.
Chase has announced a limited-time offer for the United℠ Explorer Card that gives new cardholders a chance to earn up to 60,000 bonus miles if they meet certain spending requirements.
That’s 20,000 miles more than the card usually offers as a sign-up bonus. And 60,000 points is enough to book a round-trip economy ticket between some destinations in North America.
Want to know more?
This offer includes the chance to earn up to 60,000 bonus miles after spending a total of $8,000 with your UnitedSM Explorer Card on qualified purchases within six months of account activation.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
- Then — with this limited-time offer — you can earn another 20,000 bonus miles if you bring your spending total to at least $8,000 within the first six months from account opening
In order to qualify for this limited-time offer, you must be a new UnitedSM Explorer Card holder and can’t have received a new-cardholder bonus for this card within the last two years.
The UnitedSM Explorer Card is worth considering if you’re a loyal United customer. The next question is whether you can comfortably meet the spending requirements for the full bonus of 60,000 miles.
If so, that bonus could get you one of the following:
- Three round-trip Economy Saver tickets on routes 700 miles or less within the mainland U.S.
- One round-trip Economy Saver ticket on a route of 700 miles or less within the mainland U.S. plus one round-trip Economy Saver ticket from the mainland U.S. to Alaska
- Two one-way Economy Saver tickets from the U.S. to Europe (or Europe to U.S.)
- One one-way business flight from the mainland U.S. to Europe
If you have plans for travel or big purchases already, and if United is your preferred airline, the spending requirements for those extra 20,000 bonus points could make sense for you and deliver some payoff.