We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
These offers are no longer available on our site: Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business, Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
|Simple cash back earnings||No bonus rewards categories|
|No annual fee|
|Intro purchase APR|
What you need to know about the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business
The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business offers a simple cash back rewards program that many business owners could love. Here’s what you need to know about the card.
1.5% cash back on all purchases
With the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business, purchases earn 1.5% cash back. There’s no need to worry about specific spending categories. Businesses can earn cash back on all net purchases made using their Capital One card.
Cash back rewards add up quickly with the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business. If your business spends $6,000 in credit card purchases monthly, you’ll earn back $90 per month, which adds up to $1,080 cash back annually. You can invest those rewards back into your company.
There’s no limit on how much you can earn with Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business. Plus, as long as your account is open, your rewards never expire.
Redeeming your rewards is simple with Capital One. Redemptions come in the form of a statement credit or check. Business owners even have the option to set automatic redemption preferences.
No annual fee
Earning rewards is great, but earning them without paying for the privilege is even better. The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business charges no annual fee. So there’s no need to sacrifice your rewards to pay off a fee every year.
Intro purchase APR offer
Businesses that are planning upgrades to equipment or that have large upcoming expenses could take advantage of Capital One’s intro purchase APR offer. There’s an introductory 0% APR on purchases for the first 9 months from account opening. After that, the APR jumps to a variable 14.49% - 22.49%.
It’s important to note that any purchases not paid off by the end of the intro period will incur the regular APR. Not paying off your card balance could cancel out the benefit of any cash back you might earn through purchases made.
Earn a decent sign-up bonus
Jumpstart your rewards earning with a one-time cash bonus of $200 after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, you’ll earn 1.5% cash back on the purchases themselves, along with the sign-up bonus.
There are better sign-up bonuses available, but this bonus is solid.
No bonus rewards categories
There are no bonus rewards categories with the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business. This could be good or bad, depending on your specific business expenses.
Bonus categories for business cards typically include gas purchases, office supplies, internet and phone services, and travel. If a large portion of your business expenses are within these categories, you could be leaving rewards on the table with this card.
Other things you should know
The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business has some additional features your business may want to consider before you decide whether to apply.
- No foreign transaction fees — Travel abroad without any worries about these extra charges for purchases.
- Capital One small business benefits — Capital One Spark Business cards allow you to track company spending with year-end summaries, purchase records and more. Business owners can also pick their monthly due date and view details on every purchase transaction.
- Free employee cards — Earn even more cash back by providing employees with free employee credit cards to use for business purchases.
- Credit — Excellent credit is required to qualify for this card. Be sure you understand business credit scores, your personal credit scores and where you and your business stand before applying.
Who this card is good for
The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business could be a perfect fit for small businesses with diverse spending habits. With 1.5% cash back on all purchases, this card has a simple rewards program that means you don’t have to worry about juggling cards to maximize rewards.
Business travelers will like this card because it carries no foreign transaction fees. It also offers extra travel perks, like rental collision coverage and roadside assistance. But it won’t earn you any travel rewards. Rewards redemption is fairly easy though — cash back comes in the form of a statement credit or check, and you can even set up automatic redemption.
If your business spends a lot in categories like office supplies, dining, gas or travel, consider a business credit card that earns higher rewards in dedicated categories that make sense for your spending.
Not sure if this is the card for you? Consider these alternatives.
If the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business isn’t right for you, here are some options that may be a better fit.
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: This Chase business card is perfect for companies that travel or spend money on online advertising.
- American Express® Business Gold Card: Businesses with big spending on everyday business expenses can maximize rewards earning with this Amex card.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Business owners who like traveling in style may love the extra perks that come with this card.
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Small-businesses owners building their credit may qualify for this card, which lets them work on their credit while earning rewards.