Christophor thinks you’d like more rewards and less fees
Sign up for a free checking account with Credit Karma Money. Hello cash rewards debit card, goodbye overdraft fees.
We never charge fees4
Credit Karma Money™ Spend is 100% free to open with no hidden fees or penalties. Enjoy no minimum balance requirements, no overdraft fees, and free withdrawals from a network of over 55,000 Allpoint® ATMs.5
Get paid early
Direct deposit your paycheck into your Credit Karma Money™ Spend account and get access to your money up to two days in advance.6
Safety and security
- The funds in your account are FDIC insured up to $5 million7
- Instantly lock your debit card with a tap
Take the first step
Open a Credit Karma Money™ Save or Spend account for free today and get on a rewarding new financial path.
A Credit Karma Money™ Spend account is 100% free to open, with no minimum balance requirements. And Credit Karma will never charge you fees for using your Spend account. No inactivity fees. No annual fees. No monthly maintenance fees. And no withdrawal fees.
The Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card can be used for free withdrawals from a network of over 55,000 ATMs in the Allpoint® ATM network. Heads up that you may be charged a third-party fee if you use an ATM outside the Allpoint® network. Though Credit Karma does not directly charge this fee, it will show up in your account transaction history.
If you use your card to transact in foreign currencies, you’ll be charged a 1% fee of the total purchase by Visa for each transaction. This Visa International Card Fee is charged by Visa and not by Credit Karma.
Credit Karma is not a bank. We partner with MVB Bank, Inc. to provide banking services supporting Credit Karma Money™ Spend and Credit Karma Money™ Save accounts.
When you open a Credit Karma Money™ Spend account, your funds will be deposited into an account at MVB Bank, Inc. and its deposit network. MVB Bank, Inc. is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and funds in your Spend account are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
You can use your Spend account for electronic payments and make everyday transactions with your Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card. You can also deposit money from your Credit Karma Money™ Save account directly through the Money section of your Credit Karma account. Currently, the account can’t accept deposits made with cash, paper checks or foreign currency.
With your Credit Karma Money™ Spend account, you have fee-free access to more than 55,000 Allpoint® ATMs with unlimited free withdrawals. These ATMs are conveniently located at participating retailers like CVS, Target and Walgreens. Click here to see Allpoint® ATM locations near you.
Credit Karma uses a network of 800-plus banks to provide a 100% free savings account with no fees and a competitive annual percentage yield. The balance in your Credit Karma Money™ Save account is eligible for FDIC insurance up to $5,000,000.
There’s never a minimum balance to open and maintain a Credit Karma Money™ Save account, and there are no hidden fees. And as long as you have at least $0.01 in your Save account, you can start earning interest today.
To open a free, FDIC-insured Credit Karma Money™ Save account, you’ll first need to have a free Credit Karma account. You can then open a savings account through the Credit Karma app on your mobile device or desktop.
Have more questions?
Check out FAQs for Credit Karma Money™ Spend and Credit Karma Money™ Save.
Editorial Note: Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted. Read our Editorial Guidelines to learn more about our team.
- 1 Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply.Credit Builder is not provided by MVB Bank.
- 2 Restrictions may apply. Purchases made with your Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card only. Check yourSpend account for cash back feature. Cash back amounts vary based on participating merchants and are subject to change. Cash back rewards may take up to 45 days to be deposited into your account. Cash back rewards program powered by Dosh.
- 3 Credit Builder plan requires you to open a no-fee SeedFi line of credit and a no-fee SeedFi savings account, both provided by Cross River Bank, Member FDIC.Credit Builder is serviced by SeedFi. You’re eligible to apply throughCredit Karma Money if your TransUnion credit score is 619 or below at the time of application. Members with a credit score of 619 or under may see an increase within 2 months. Late payments and other factors can have a negative impact on your credit score, including activity with your other credit accounts.
- 4 Third-party fees may apply. Please see Account Terms & Disclosures for more information.
- 5 Fees may apply for ATM transactions outside this network.
- 6 Early access to paycheck is compared to standard payroll electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to payor submitting payroll information to the bank before release date. Payor may not submit paycheck early.
- 7 The balance in your account may be moved to one or more network banks where it is eligible for FDIC insurance up to $5,000,000 once the funds arrive at a network bank. Actual insured amounts may be lower or adversely affected based on any balances you hold at a network bank. Learn more at: https://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits.