LendingPoint Personal Loans Reviews

From Borrowers in the last year

Compare Personal Loans

Check out rates on new loans or refinance an existing loan.

SHOP PERSONAL LOANS

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Jun 07, 2018
Predatory Company
TeacherinNC Borrower

This is a predatory company. I applied through Lending Tree and only selected one financial institution--not Lending Point. The next day I get a phone call from Lending Point while I'm driving. I make the point that I'm driving and may not be the best time to talk, they push through. I think I am talking to the institution I chose--not Lending Point. I explain to the predatory salesperson, that it's the last week of school with exams and I just moved. Over the next three days, I got many emails asking for documents to approve the loan. I still think I'm talking to my preferred institution--not Lending Point. Meanwhile, my preferred institution is emailing me for documents and I'm kinda annoyed about being asked twice for stuff. And then I end up with twice the loan amount I wanted in my account--one at 12% APR (my chosen institute) and one at 28% APR (Lending Point). I try to call LP and the salesperson I talk to, who suddenly isn't available for two days. I quickly paid back the amount that was deposited into my account by LP but currently am being made to pay a $405 fee--for being easy prey. I will not use Lending Tree again AND I will definitely not be using Lending Point for anything. This is a predatory company--don't call people who don't ask for it, don't be overly aggressive with your sales pitch, don't try to sympathize with a public school teacher and take advantage of him, and don't dodge the customer once they are on to what's happening.  Lending Point is the reason people hate banks.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?

**Annual Percentage Rates, terms of loan, and monthly payments presented are estimated and were created based on analysis of information provided by the consumer and available rate information from lenders. While efforts have been made to maintain accurate information, the loan information is presented without warranty and the estimated APR or other terms presented do not bind any lender. Lenders generally have a range of available APRs (for example, a lender’s range might be 2% to 12%) and only borrowers with excellent credit will qualify for the lowest rate available. Your actual APR will depend upon factors evaluated at the time of application, which may include credit score, loan amount, loan term, vehicle information, credit usage and history. All loans are subject to credit review and approval. Additionally, model year, loan-to-value, minimum loan balance mileage, income, debt, etc. restrictions may apply. When evaluating offers, please review the lender’s Terms and Conditions for additional details.