Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Jul 09, 2018
Don't believe promo offer
MomoMalady Cardholder

Don't be fooled. You may see that there is a promotion offering 40,000 or 50,000 points for signing up and spending 1 or 2k in the first three months. Instead, you will receive 10,000 points. If you try to message them or call them to recieve the missing points, they will tell you that at the time you signed up they were only offering a 10,000 point bonus, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATED 50,000 points! Your complaints will fall on deaf ears, and your concerns brushed aside. This is a scheme to make it seem like a much better deal than it actually is.

I enjoyed other aspects of owning this card, but I just can't recommend this to anyone knowing how dishonest Southwest and Chase are being with these promo offers.

Jul 16, 2018

I got 50K but I had to ask Chase to honor it. Otherwise I probably wouldnt have gotten it. I spent 2K in the first 2 weeks lol

Aug 20, 2018

I have the Plus and the Premier card and both promotion points were honored automatically. I'm sorry this wasn't the case for you. :(

Sep 11, 2018

@charmer18
Did you call them prior to opening an account with them? Or did you do it after? There is so much of the opposite that your saying on this site. So I want to do it right before I apply for this card
Thanks

Sep 26, 2018

I received my bonus points.....no problem at all. I love this card.

Oct 10, 2018

you have to spend 25000 in a year to get the 50000 thats what there web site says after you spend a 1000$ in the first month you gotta pay off that 1000 dollars before the 3rd month.

Jun 14, 2018
Won't Honor Offers!

I applied for this card in Febraury while booking a trip. I read here that they wouldn't honor offers so I screenshot the offer of 50k points afer $2k spent. Well they wouldn't honor the offer and told me I signed up for an offer of 10k points and a $200 credit. I have NEVER seen that offer anywhere. They are giving me trouble about clearing this up! I like the card but screen shot everything! The T&C the offer...everything!

Nov 21, 2018

The 50k or 60k is if you spend 25k in a year other wise you get 40k if you spend 1000k in 3 months.

May 22, 2018
Don’t believe the sign up rewards
pend1393 Cardholder

I applied for this card in Jan 2018 was immediately approved for a 12,000 credit limit. However the sign up bonus was 50,000 if you spend 2,000 in the first three months. I spent well over that amount and only received 10,000 points when I called about it they said the offer changes at random so instead I got 10,000 points for 500 dollars spent. Basically they can change it and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Apr 25, 2018
Evama Cardholder

You need to scrutinize the offer.. They advertised to us as 200 off your initial ticket price and then 50000 bonus miles after you spend 2000 in 3 months. We met this requirement and then were told that was not our offer... The offer was 200 and 10000 bonus miles after spending 500 and that supposedly it was an either or option and I chose the 10000 miles option. There was never an option to select one or the other and they refused to work with us to correct the situation.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 322
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card