Auto Insurance Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Find Out More

Ratings by Category

Policyholder Ratings

Compare Auto Insurance Offers

View your top Auto Insurance recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

Reviews (3)

Dec 22, 2013
horrible experience
Anonymous Policyholder

Our sons car was totalled, commerce took over a week to even look at it, then had all the wrong vehicle info when they were ready to quote a settlement, thats after him faxing the vehicle information and options listed etc.  they then threatened to have him pay for the storage if he didnt sign off on it, while taking an additional week and a half to even come up with another quote, they were mean, rude, nasty, threatening, he had to involve the agent to advocate on his behalf.  They even continued to have the wrong contact phone number after being told the correct one time and time again.  They cant even get a phone number right do not take the risk of getting screwed.  its bad enough being in a horrific accident, then go without a vehicle for weeks, but to be treated so rudely is unacceptable.  we have since heard from our neice who had a similar experience.  We thank God we have Liberty Mutual where we are treated like a customer should be, respectfully.  we will never switch to commerce and advise our children not to as well.  In addition we own a business with multiple vehicles and they will never get that business either.  But ya know what they dont care anyhow or they would not treat their customers so rudely.

May 06, 2014

HAD similar problem sevreal years ago with commerce refused to pay a small claim about 2500 my agent felt so bad he paid it out of his agency. Have bad mothed them ever since i estimate that i have cosy them well over 500,000 in renewals..

Mar 26, 2013
Not a good choice
BossLady4 Policyholder

I signed up for commerce when i got my Nissan because I am a AAA customer and did everything through them. Price was low and it was convient. Customer service and claims process was a nighmare when a woman ran into my front passanger side. She lied when she told the insurance company that her friend was driving behind her. I told Commerce and her company that she mentioned being in a previous accident just before hitting me. No one would listen because she provide a name and # of a friend= insurance fraud. I ended up having a break down on the phone with my mother and later the supervisor of the claims dept. They changed it from 100% to 50/50 at fault. I got my car fix and promptly left commerce because of the emotional stress. The police in my area are do not like being called to an accident unless your injured. I am not used to such poor service. My home town is much better. I am also not use to the bold face lies that people tell when they get in a jam. I have been a very happy customer at Liberty mutual for 2+ years. Lesson learned I will wait forever for the police in this area and I don't mind paying a little more for better service now that I am earning a little more. Hope to move to another area soon. My car was keyed after 2013 Blizzard in N.E.

Rate this policy overall

What should others know about this policy?