Question

wtrice

Will using a credit card once for a very big transaction hurt my credit score?
I received my first cc from a very big national bank. The card came with a introductory APR of 0% for the first 18 months. I used the card to make a $5K purchase for an engagement ring. I am making monthly payments and plan to pay it off before the interest starts in June of next year. Is it wise for me to let this card sit in my wallet exclusively for emergencies or should I make purchases with it to avoid hurting my credit score?

Thanks

It depends on what your credit limit is.  If the 5K is above the 30% recommended utilization amount, then let it rest until you get your balance down (below 30%).  Use the card at least once a year to keep it alive and it will continue to help your credit score over time.  Congrats on the engagement!