Question

Banjoeyes64

will buying another vehiicle lower my credit score? My score is fair 669
I have two cars and want to trade my chev malibu, that I still owe 5,800 on, for a car or truck with a lower monthly payment but would owe more money to pay off. Would this be a wiise move or stupid move. How would it efect my credit score?

That Depends....

Will you be paying off that balance on the old car? Chances are that you won't get that much for a trade in, which means that you would have to pay off the balance or roll it over into the new loan.  That would mean a higher monthly payment. 

You might consider selling it yourself since you'd probably get a better price, but you would have pay off the loan in full the same day you sell it. 

With your score, you should be able to qualify for a new loan, and basicly your would be paying off and replacing an account at a higher balance, All of which will lower your score for a while. After payments start being made to the new loan your score should bounce back.