Question

StockyMom54

Why would the home and auto insurance rate be so high
I only have 2 active credit cards which are always paid in full before the due date. All the others from past years have been inactive since 2008 and the companies keep raising my limits every year (without my request and knowledge until I get a notice) to entice spending which I won't do. I am told not to close accounts because that lowers my credit rating but it seems like leaving the darn things alone nails my car insurance rating and the home insurance rating. We have filed 1 claim on our truck after a deer ran into the side (literally) no other claims have been filed.

Most Helpful Response

Go to the top of this page and click on "Finances".  When you go there, click on the blue tab for Auto Insurance score and you will see some text appear that tells you what this is all about.  Do the same for the home insurance score.  I hope you understand what it means from reading those like I did.