Question

Carefulshoppre

Why score is LOWER
Both TU and EQ scores are way lower. WHY? All my payments are on time and up to date. Balance paid in full by due date for 2 + years! And why no Experian credit reports now??? I had excellent score a week ago BEFORE I applied for a Discover it card on Amazon. (and I was approved instantly) Did Discover mess up my credit score? It has never gone down before--only up ! I am now distrustful of applying for any new cards because of this experience.

Most Helpful Response

A reason

It isn't that Discover messed you your credit score, but if you applied for a card, that would increase the number of Credit Inquiries on your account which in turn can negatively impact your score.

Initially a new hard pull from an application can drop your scores. Once the account details hit your reports, your untilization (ideally) drops, & some payments post you should see the number come back up. Read some of the articles here & it'll help cover these issues in depth.