Question

outdoorsman89

why isnt my home mortgage on my credit report if i have had it for a year?
I bought my house last march and i checked my reports this past week and the account doesnt show on the reports. I was wondering what I need to do to get that account on my reports

Most Helpful Response

You have to remember that you have more than one report.  Credit Karma is only backed by TransUnion, so it is possible your lending agency has not yet reported to TransUnion and/or TransUnion has made a mistake and not included it properly.

You should contact your lender and confirm they report to TransUnion, or rather, what bureau's they do report to.  You can also send TransUnion a dispute letter and let them know to include this.

You might benefit from checking your Equifax and Experian reports as well to see if it is included there.  MyFico.com offers a free trial for Equifax, but make sure to cancel within the trial window if you do not want to pay.  You should be able to get a good overview of your Experian report for free with CreditSesame.com -- it is similar to Credit Karma, only a lot more generalized and less detailed, but free.