Question

Insaneelayne

Why is my credit score poor when I meet all the criteria for a higher score?
I am using 33% which is considered "fair", have made 100% of my payments on-time, have and no derogatory marks, yet Creditkarma lists my credit score as poor. It doesn't make any sense.

33% utilization can keep your score down. Under 30% is recommended, but keeping it under 10% is best, and will make the most positive impact. Also, your scores depend on many other factors besides cc utilization, such as any collections reported (paid or unpaid), any late payments you may have made on any account in past 3 years, average age of accounts, amount of inquiries, types of and quantity of accounts reported, etc. I'd take a look at your reports closely, the answer as to why your scores still show as poor is in there somewhere. 

My difference between %18 and %1 on usage was over 50 points score unsing the vantage model. 

As said above there are many factors, such a number of accounts, different types of accounts (cc, home,car), age of credit that also play into factor.  But that %33 is actually high no matter if CK says it is average.  That shows a continued inabilty to live within means, with no back up savings.  Other wise you are foolish to pay higher interest than you are earning in any savings.