Question

quiltinghome

Why is my Credit Karma Tranunion score much higher than reality?
My CK Transunion credit score supposedly is 701 but my bank ran my credit for a credit card app and told me Transunion score is 598. What gives?

Same question

I have the same question and need an answer please!  Recently denied for a auto loan and when the denial letter cam in it had my scores on there.  CK Transunion is over 100 pts. higher than what they said it was in their letter why?

Most Helpful Response

Reality check

You have lots and lots of credit scores. 

CK uses the Vantage 3.0 scoring based on the info in your reports.  All Banks and finance companies use different algoritiums that come up with different scores all based on the information they have at that moment.  Each will come up with a different score based on the info that they want to know about you.  Even If you went to TransUnions website and paid for a score there, It would likely be different yet again. 

It's long and complicated to explain how scoring actually works,  There is plenty of info on it on this site as well as plenty of others.  Read up so you have an idea of how this all works. Having an Idea what good scores are and what range your score should be in is one of your best tools. 

After all its YOUR score, its up to you to manage it well.

Do a little Research here on CK before you ask a question  this has been asked and answered 100's of times.

leestauf

Isn't that exactly what he was doing?

iccin1992

So what is the answer because I can't find one just gripes for repetitave question.  Ugh!!!!!