Question

cpc08

Why is Credit Karma and FICO vastly different over a long period of time?
I know the scores will be different sometimes. I know they use different formulas and all. However, my scores have been about 100 points off for about a year. Right now CK shows 806. FICO from credit cards show 680-690. My score has gone down on FICO by about 10 points recently despite only positive things being done. CK went up by 10 in that same time. I've been applied for multiple cards in this time. Most recently a Sapphire Reserve and Amex Plat. (not recent enough to cause the 10 pt dip). I thought over time they would kind of average out, but they are staying about 100 points off. Any ideas?

The articles on this site explain that very well, and should be read.  It's a simple matter of the method of calculation and the information used. Credit Karma uses the Vantage 3 method and the information from two credit bureaus.  FICO uses it's own calculation method and information from all three credit bureaus.