Question

ConfusedStudent

Why has my credit score plateaued?
So my credit score has hit 706 (from mid 600s) last May and has stayed that way since. I have paid student loan payments (currently now in deferment) and even opened a credit card and have made all those payments on time. I don't understand why my credit has stagnated. There is nothing else going on other than student loans and a single credit card, both of which I am not in default or anything negative.

In order to have a high score you need several different types of open credit, such as auto, home, credit cards, etc.  If you pay the balance off on your cards each month, try this trick - keep a tiny balance (1%of your credit limit) on your card at all times and I bet your score will increase; it works for me.