Question

msriver

why does my report show a short credit history when my credit was established in 1976
Credit Karma says I have a short credit history (less than 5 years) but I've had accounts (car and home loans, plus credit cards) in good standing since 1976. Why is this and do you know how I can clear the error? Thanks so much.

Hi msriver,

We're showing you the average age of your open accounts. Closed accounts are not listed. Unless they're still open, accounts from 1976 would not be included on your credit report in 2014.