Question

gabo864

Why does my Credit Score keep going down?
I got my first credit card 6 months ago. When I checked my credit score it was at 715. I recently got a discover credit card. I keep paying my balance in full every month and I don't have any debt at all. Today when I checked my credit scored, it dropped to 662. I don't understand why it dropped so much. I never use more than 20% of my credit line, right now my credit usage is at 19%. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

When you first obtain a new line of credit your score will take a dip. Give it about 3-6 month of continued good use and you will see improvements.