Question

031015

Why does my corporation's credit card show up on my credit report?
My business is a corporation, a separate legal entity. My corporation has a credit card used for corporate expenses only. That credit card shows up on my individual credit reports. Why? The corporation and I are separate legate persons. That's the whole point of having a corporation.

Most Helpful Response

when you signed up you used your social as the sign up rather then a EIN number or tin number or which ever it is.  alot of credit cards for small businesses like sole proprieterships or small corporations that dont really have business credit history are based on the person signing up's social.  You may be able to get a card setup under your corp EIN or TIN number but you you need to have a dunn and bradstreet credit rating.  My corporate business card was under my social as well.  maybe someone else can chime in on the details but that is my general understanding of how it works.