Question

sizak

Why do I still show continuing late payments 2 years after bankruptcyy?
Your report shows continuous late pmnts on an account 2 years after bankruptcy. Although my score has improved, I feel this is holding me back. How do I fix this?

It is part of your credit history.  Bankruptcy does not erase  the accounts or change their status.  Those late payments should drop off in about 5 more years.  The bankruptcy, however, is actually hurting your credit and that is going to continue for 8 more years when the bankruptcy drops off your credit report.

Please read the articles and utilize the financial tools on this site in order to build and maintain a good credit score.  That is what Credit Karma is for....to help people learn how to use credit wisely.

The way I understand it, is that after bankruptcy your debts are in a sense "erased", yes they remain on your credit history, but are changed to "discharged" < (assuming you included that account in your bankruptcy) So if you are still getting a late payment list, send in a correction to CRA, make sure you send in a copy of your bankruptcy discharge with a list of creditors. All you can do is try, simply doing nothing, is just going to get you just that. Nothing. 

Another route would be to call the creditor listing the late payments (assuming you included them in the bankruptcy) and ask why they are still reporting it as a late payment. There is a possibility that you resigned with the same creditor while getting new credit with them, and part of their terms where to take some or all of the debt you had with them. So caution to those who sign terms for new credit after bankruptcy to read the terms very very carefully.