Question

amyloo54

why did my score go down when I brought my utilization percent down with my last payment?
I have not applied for any new credit, have never been late with payment, in fact I pay ahead of due date. I was shocked when my score dropped 19 points when I brought my utilization down to the recommended percentage.

Not typical

I haven't heard of that happening, unless there was some kind of delay from your creditor in reporting your updated account status to the bureaus.  Your scores will most likely rebound quickly, and to a much higher level.  A quick way to do that is to stay under 20% of your available credit and after your statement posts, pay it off immediately.  Over 2-3 months the impact can be incredibly positive, especially if the only issue holding your credit down was a high utilization percent.