Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

tenpoint

why did my insurance drop when i have had no claims
Why did my insurance score drop when I have had no claims or infractions. I never seem to get a response to my questions.

Most Helpful Response

Home Insurance Score

Well, if it really IS based on the likelihood that I will file a claim.... Then I should have the best home insurance score in the country bc I do not own a home and do not HAVE home insurance to even file a claim with. So in that vein, I should have 950... So obviously, what they say and what is really behind that score are indeed two very different things.

ten point

I would not sweat the home insurance number.  I also saw that number drop and wondered why.  I have never had a claim on my home or car insurance or anything, and all my accounts are in good standing and have been for some time.  My home insurance is with a good company and the rate is good and full of discounts.  If something were amiss I would think it would show up in my annual premium with them.  I really havent been able to figure out any rhyme or reason why it is low.  None of the basic logic seems to apply to whatever formula they are losing.  If the rest of your accounts are in good order, I wouldnt lose a lot of sleep over it.

Good Luck

Rich

Car insurance score drop

My car insurance score dropped 20 points after I paid off my car loan, paid off a "loan" loan, dropped the utilization percentage to 30% on another credit card and my credit score went up to excellent.  The only "claim" filed was to get a tow truck to jump my battery after it died.  Whats the deal? 

"likelihood.. you'll file claim"

I fully understand the written criteria - however, since I've never filed a claim for either home or auto insurance then how does the agency or agencies calculate that and come up with a numerical value?

I think this is the question at hand here.  It's probably a finite math theorum based on probability.  I'm sure one's financial credit history is one of the factors in the overall formula.

Of course, it would still be a guess as to what values and factors the reporting agencies use to do the calculation.

less97801

one item in credit report that effected my auto score was a new auto loan. So would asume number and size both enfluence score.

home and auto ins score

My bad...for some reason I thought you were talking about home insurance number.

Yeah...the same for the auto as far as I can see.   Have a good record, no claims, good ins...etc.. and number is still low.

I have no idea what criteria they are using.  Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Auto Insurance drop 29 points

I refinanced my home in January and had to take out a new home owner's policy with State Farm (best price).  With that, I had to change my auto policies to State Farm from Geico (Geico wouldn't offer home owner's in my area) so I could get a discount on the whole package.

My last claim with Geico was 25 years ago, no tickets, accidents, etc.  

In February, my auto insurance score dropped from 790 to 761.

Any thoughts anyone?

phobia1110

Even my insurance score dropped when I signed up for state farm insurance. When I switched to AAA, it went high again.

What credits a good score or a ad score. You pay insurance have a legit claim ad then penalized for it. I have not had a wreck, ticket, or car claim in years (15) how long must these be held over your head and perhaps penalized? House score how long does that stay with you for a claim that was made.

Donna

As far as I am concerned, none of the ways they assess credit is very good.  Because I am using a

good portion of a few credit cards, my credit has dropped.  Do they not take into consideration the

other 70% of my credit cards I am not using?  I have almost maxed these out because they gave me

great balance transfer offers and I am paying 0% interest right now on most of these cards.  I 

guess I am not supposed to do that and pay more interest.  

Auto and Home Insurance Scores

I see all of the questions and comments and I see why people are getting frustrated. My Credit and FICO score when UP by more than 20 pts over the last month or so, but my auto and home insurance score went DOWN by about 30pts. Not only that, but no home owners insurance claims and no auto insurance claims. So with that, how does this make sense?