Question

amyvalentine22

Why did I get a notification saying there was a bankruptcy added to my credit report?
I got an email with this in the body. I don't see anything in my account center other than that my score went down a few points. What is this supposed to mean?

Sounds like checking your credit reports right now would be a good idea.  Likely it is a wrong entry due to a number getting transposed, but something this serious needs to be checked and disputed.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to do this.

Another possibility, if you certain you didn't file BK and your credit accounts are still active? Which you should know on daily bases, it's not like the process for BK only take couple days, and besides, what would be the reasons thief steals your Identity only to file for BK? 🤑 It very well could be a marketing schemes to get you to log-in here, more you log-in, the more likely hood you would give in to one of their advertisements... wait I meant their recommendations/suggestions or approval odds.

I think you want to check more closely into the details of the email.   It could have been a phishing scheme and if the link was not to the secure Credit Karma site, you may have inadvertently given your login information to Credit Karma in error.  You should change your password to a more secure password immediately.  I don't concur with Johnny that it would be a marketing scheme by CK, although, they do love it when you get credit from their suggestions.