Question

Turtle1030

Why are these accounts showing up on my credit displayed here?
My mother has a credit card account. I am an authorized user for it. Why is it showing up on here as a debt when I am not the account holder? Will it hurt or help my credit to have myself removed from the account? Or is it even affecting my credit score? Also, will it affect her credit? We called the bank. They said the account should not be showing up on my report here.

Whomever you spoke to at the bank didn't know what they were talking about.  Any time you are an authorized user on someone's account, it shows up on your credit report.  This will help your credit as long as it is a "good" account, i.e., no late pays, not collection.  It does affect your credit score either way.  Whether or not to stay on there as an authorized user is totally up to you.  If you think it is helping your credit, then leave it alone.  If you think it is hurting, then call the bank and tell them to remove you as an authorized user and the entire account will come off your credit report in about 30-60 days.  To learn more about credit and credit scores, visit www.credit.about.com.  Good luck!