Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

1969lincoln

why are questions and answers on karma blog that are indecipherable/duplicate/useless ??
I don't understand what people are trying to say half the time because they use incomplete or bad grammar . Other posts ask the same questions with different non-factor details. Nobody likes the confusion and wasted time on karma blogs. Please clarify, remove and alter/update blog postings to eliminate the trash that continues to consume excessive time. Karma users demand clear, effective, efficient advice and questions answered. Do you have someone that can actively help fix/update/clarify your user's blog questions and answers into something useful ???

Most Helpful Response

Hi 1969Lincoln,

Thanks for posting. I understand your frustration. As the site is open to all members of the Credit Karma community, there are some posts from members who are not familiar with community forums and how to use them best. Many seem to think they are directly contacting a support channel, which is not the case.  We are working to develop the credit advice center into a less confusing space for those members.

If you see any posts you believe should be removed, I encourage you to use the flag icon to draw our attention to it. I am the only moderator available here, and I have just returned from vacation so you may have seen an increase in confusing posts. I sincerely apologize for this. 

Speaking as a long-time programmer, I can say that there are simple changes that could be made that would clarify things for people who aren't used to using a public board. For example, the area that has space for a title *OR* question, which says: "Enter a quick title for your question below:"; in its space it says: "Type a question"; it only allows 100 characters. Even though it goes on to say: "You'll add details in the next step." before they hit the 'Continue' button, they're probably not bothering with it. That's because they're given the option of entering their question OR a title in the first step. They see that they're limited to 100 characters, so they're faced with using cryptic wording to pose their question. The next step, i.e., entering the actual question/description in real words and sentences, is optional, right? That's the problem. The subject field should be CLEARLY labeled as a subject, and the question field should be mandatory. There should also be a disclaimer, preferably in red, bold, large letters, saying "THIS IS A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD. Do not post personal information here."

I'm glad to see someone else as perplexed--and ANNOYED--as I am! Honestly, some of the posts are so incoherent I can't make heads or tails out of them. Not only that, but a lot of CK users apparently think they're supposed to post their PERSONAL information on this PUBLIC forum! Like, "my mother's maiden name: Smith" or "my childhood dog: Charlie." Really? REALLY? On a public forum? Do they really not get that those are security questions they're supposed to answer within their account settings? What possesses them to post that info here? And then what about posts that look like this: ihaveaproblemidon'tknowwhattodo  HUH?!!!