Question

divorcing

Why are negative accounts still on my credit report after 8 year's ? how do I get rid of them? fast?
was not touching my credit for 8 years recantly tried to purchase a car and was denied found out that I had old auto loans showing bad on my record has been closed for 8 years I hired lexington law to get rid of the items for 5 months and nothing has been taken off so now I want to take care of those items myself and don't know how to start ? Who to call or write? To get evrything removed? How long does it usually take? For items to be removed?

Most Helpful Response

Account Removal

These accounts should be removed from your report seven years (and 6 month grace period) after the last payment or default.  All you need to do is log on to the credit bureaus and file a dispute.  This should be reviewed within 30 days and removed in another 30 -- though often this can happen much faster.  Note that this is removed 7 years after the last payment or disposition not 7 years from when they were opened.