Question

lokauffy

Who is 1STPT and how to get a hold of them?
Trying to pay off debt and cannot find out who 1STPT is. Can anyone help with this? Silly that I'm trying to hound the creditors...my how the tables have turned.

Most Helpful Response

Medical?

This might be a medical related debt.  I'd recommend that you send a letter to the credit reporting agency(ies) that are reporting this debt.  Explain that you have been unable to get in contact with this collector to dispute the debt.  Also, let them know that due to a recent settlement that each of the credit reporting agencies have made with the Attorney General of New York, medical related debt is not supposed to be listed any more.  (technically, they have 3 years to implement).  I'd recommend you send a new letter every 90 days until it gets done.

The other option, after you send a letter to the reporting agencies is that the collection agency will contact you.  At that point you can negotiate for a "Pay For Delete".  Collection Agencies (esp. when medical is involved) are highly receptive to this.  Get this in writing before you pay anything.

Fishy business info

I found a phone number for them because I apparently have a debt with them also but the website listed is no longer valid. The phone number I found is listed for First Platinum Corporation (800)706-8982 and the website is www.1stpt.net. When I dialed the phone number (this is all today) it said my call could not be completed as dialed and to try the number again and after calling a couple of times and getting the same answer I am going to assume it is no longer in business. I am going to contact the credit bureaus about getting it removed since the business is no longer valid.

I am unsure how to address a letter to the creditors can someone help