Which is accurate?
On your site it says my transunion score is 660, but when i went and checked my score with transunion through another paid credit service, they said it was 734. Who do I trust?

karmakid1

Most Helpful Response

This site obviously scores a lot lower than Transunion. For the last two years on Credit Karma my score rarely got above 600, yet on 3 occasions the bank checked my score and I was around 100 points higher each time. I was able to buy a house, 2 cars, and took out a personal loan. I am not in over my head, the personal loan and one car was paid off recently, I have $69 in credit card debt with $3000 in total limits,  yet my score was still 613 today. I scored an A in every category except average age of lines, which I tend to pay off credit early so thats why I don't have old lines of credit. I just can't understand why paying off credit early hurts ones score...to me that would be a positive indicator of good creditworthyness. 

Don't stress too much about Credit Karma's credit score, it's not 100% accurate, just use it as free tool to track how your credit is doing in general. If you see a sudden plunge, it would be a good time to pull your real credit report from the big 3 in order to see what happened.  

Response by
fictionpriso

Nobody.

Welcome to the magic of credits scoring. Both are right, but it also depends.

Use it as an indicator.

Response by
KeesdeWit

Submit to the Community