Question

chanelleshay

Where did my repo go?
So I financed a car December 2014, never missed a payment and had it for about seven months. I quit my second job an could not afford the $388/month payments any longer so I surrendered the car. They came and picked it up and I received a letter that I owed about $16,000 total and that the car would be sold in auction. So a few months later nothing happened and I went to check my credit annual credit report sometime in November of 2015 and it showed a surrender on my credit report with balance stating PAID. It was under closed accounts. Now I have logged back in this month February 2016 and I cannot even see where there ever was a repo. What does this mean? Do I still owe?

Most Helpful Response

Its possible they sold it for enough to pay the amount owed. If that is the case, you got lucky. Just keep an eye on it. 

chanelleshay

Thank you for your response. Lets hope so!!