Question

mikey555

when should I ask for a credit limit increase?
i've had one card for only 8 months. all my payments have been on time. my CK score is 730. my current limit is $1000 and i'd like to ask for another $1000. do you think they'd grant this request?

Most Helpful Response

Well the longer your payment history with them the better. Although your approved limit increase will come down to your ability to pay off that sort of new limit. I recently requested an increase in my own card and that was one of their deciding factors to turn me down. Told me I coundnt really afford that payment responsibility. Good luck.