Question

stickittotheman

When do paid collections reflect on your credit score?
I paid the full amounts of some collections I had. I realize, that even if the collections are closed, they will still show on my credit score, however, I'd like to know how long it takes for the collections to show as 'Closed' on my credit report, and how long it takes for my credit score to rise because those have been resolved.

Most Helpful Response

Hope this helps

If your collection is eligible to be closed, then it's up to the reporting collection agency to report that information.  Meaning if you have all debts paid on a reported item, then it’s up to the reporting agency to also keep that report updated with the credit bureaus, or you can dispute the item. 

As for 'when' that's up to the reporting agency. Most report changes once a month, however some wait up to 3 months and just report once a quarter.  So you want to ask them how long before they report.  Once the information is reported to the bureaus, the information is updated within 24 business hours and can reflect almost immediately to new inquire.