Question

CreditBlowss

When do missed payments go away?
I have two accounts that closed in Feb&Aug 2009, and they have late payments on them. The late payments are all dated in 2008 though. Will they leave my credit report 7 years after my account was closed, or when the payments were missed in 2008? I'm obviously wondering, because it's a big blow to my credit, and if it is from the 2008 dates, they'll be coming off in the next few months- but if not, I'm stuck waiting for another year!

7 years+180 days from payment date?

I think it is 7 years + 180 days but I have heard lots of different information. It shouldn't matter whether the ccount is open or closed. That particular late payment should go away around 7 years. If it does not maybe dispute and state the late payment was from 7 years ago... but I haven no experience with doing that.

Late payments aren't hurting your score.  Late payments only count against your score if they were within the last 2 years.  Don't sweat it.