Question

vivaPRlibre

Whats better for my credit; to have more accounts or less total utilization?
My credit history is only 2.5 years long and I'm trying to build it up. My score increased to 757 because I opened 2 new accounts, but then decreased to 736 because I have a total 33% utilization. The utilization is high because one of the credit cards its my parents and I am an authorized user.They have an excellent payment history which I think has helped my credit. Should I ask my parents to sign me off?

Less total utilization is better for your credit score. It counts for 30% of your total credit score.  Having more accounts don't seem to have an impact on your credit score unless it is a good mix of credit between revolving credit, installment loans, and a mortgage. If you think being an authorized user has helped your credit, then maybe you should just stay as an authorized user on that account, but maybe let your parents know that keeping the card's utilization rate above 30% could be hurting their credit score and possibly yours as well.