Question

Perez9334

What will help my credit score: paying my student loan debt at once, or continuing making payments?

Either will help

it all depends on how much debt you have and how quickly you can pay it off.  Paying off the debt is always the best. Student loans should be paid off as soon as possible, before taking on any new debt such as an auto loan or mortgage. Thats just makes good fiscal sense.  If your debts are very large, then obviously payments is the way to go, Paying more than the monthly minimum will help get the debt down faster. 

I was able to cut 3 years off my payments just by making huge payments once a year when I got my tax return.  What ever approach you take, Consistant payments is key.  Don't fall behind on student loans  The interest just keeps accumilating and student loans never go away.  Not even in bankruptcy.