Question

Lindsey0508

What to do if I cannot afford my car?
I have poor credit, 604 to be exact... I'm sitting at 17% interest with Capital One, and $600 a month car payments. This was fine, and doable until I got pregnant, and now once the baby comes I cannot afford this type of payment...
Capital One does not refinance, and my bank will not accept me for it.
The car I had prior to this I had 11% interest, it's amazing how high it jumped... I'm really not sure what to do... a voluntary repossession will kill my credit just as a regular one would - but I cannot afford this car. I've called Cap. One, and they are of no help - they have no advice, and don't want to help...
I suppose I'm looking for who I have a better chance with. Going out and just applying to a million lenders will also harm my credit, when I'm trying so hard to get it back up...

Most Helpful Response

You don't mention

How much you owe or what the value of the car is now.  

I would suggest selling it and buying a good used car.  You might try selling it yourself  as you would get less for a trade in. 

With your score you will be paying higher rates, So I would suggest saving up cash to pay for the replacement.