Question

watercries

What is the best way to boost my credit 25 points? It's 726 right now
Buying a house just wondering how to get that last few points to get an excellent score utilization is at 37% if I get my student loans payed down would that help? They are sitting at around 9000. I could pay off my car, but I'm not sure if that would help or hurt. I only owe 1500 on it. Thanks for the advice.

Most Helpful Response

Utilization

Bring your Utilization to under 30 percent, and don't do anything else.

Maybe not immediately but paying off a loan reduced the amount owed, which is the second most important thing on your credit. So, yes! Paying those loans back will positevely effect your score.

Getting under 30% utilization helped me a lot. Sorry but Im not as aware of how student loans and car payments affect the score or "available" credit? I know my partner got in an accident this winter. it wasnt his fault but since they totaled it, his replacement that was covered by insurance dropped his score. They basicaly re-started his loan date with the new car payments. Making it look like a whole new loan with a new payment history. Anyways im not sure what you just paying it off would do. Anything you could pay but not add new debt Im fairly certain would look good though. 

Credit Score Simulator

Have you tried simulator??

https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/simulator

WHAT DO I DO?

Recently went to purchase a car and the dealer came and asked me if I had a student loan? I have a very rare name(there is only 1 other of me in a whole different state that I'm aware of). Obviously someone is using my name for obtaining a student loan but it doesn't show up on creditKarma. How do I catch the identity thief?