Question

butterflygirl777

what is the best way to ask the credit bureaus to delete a collection acct that was settled and paid
I have two collection accounts that I worked out a settlement and paid them off. They are still showing on my credit report as closed but I would like them deleted to improve my score. What is the best way to make this happen?

They won't do it. Accurate information will stay on your report, because it's your HISTORY as well as your current status. The credit bureaus are there to provide a service to companies that extend credit. The important thing, the thing that identifies you as a more risky borrower, is the fact that the collection happened in the first place. The fact that it's paid is actually less important. Since this information is highly relevant, the bureaus aren't going to delete this information because doing so would cheat their customers (creditors) out of valuable information that they are paying for.