Question

sherrygreen7201

what happens to my credit if i break my lease?
my apartments told us 2 weeks in advance if we didn't renew our lease rent would be raised the next month. we didn't think we had a choice so we renewed and now we don't want to stay the whole lease. if we leave early will our credit be damaged a lot?

Most Helpful Response

Breaking your lease

I am a assistant manager for an apartment complex and If your going to break your lease usually you could put in a notice with your landlord and pay a termination fee and you will still be considered in good standing. If you just leave with out notice then it will be reported straight to the collection agency.

sherrygreen7201

If we pay the termination fee are we still responsible for the remaining months rent?

question

once i pay all the fees back, will my credit score rise and more importantly will i be able to get a new home without the history of lease breaking?