Question

atteny

what about forgiveness program how does that effect my credit

Most Helpful Response

If you qualify for the forgiveness program, go for it!!  Otherwise, the student loans remain collectable for life and the interest charges keep piling up.  I got mine discharged because of total disability and my score increased because that debt was cancelled. 

titans37042

What are the qulifications for loan forgiveness?

David677676

Enter Your ReplyI got an interest write off on taxes as earned income when my student loans were closed with $0,they were discharged because of total disability also,but still killing my score?????????

phizbo

how come only you on this page got it off of your credit. how did you do it.

Student Loan discharged

How or where do I apply to have my school loan discharged? I have been disabled since 2004.

blesscampbellmae

Did not answer question of how or where to apply to have student loan discharged

Late payment?

My student loan is on forbearance. I am having to apply for disability. I have called and each time they tell me not to worry that it has been resolved.  How can I get those late payment off the record? 

David677676

Enter Your Reply

forbearance forgiveness debt paid ??????

student loans are in triplicate on my credit report. I was fortunate to have disability forgiveness clear my debt. so why is it still in my report? Sallie Mae, Department of Education, and NelNet are ALL are on my report! TransUnion showing (25) listings and Equifax showing (52) listings. Dang I only went to College for (2) years. It looks as though some GOVERNMENT EMBEZZLING was going on at MY EXPENSE. What the heck???? I have been out of school sense May 2011 with my Assoc Degree. I was put in a monitoring forbearance period of (3) years to show my disability was valid and real and that I COULD NOT WORK! So please tell me how to fix ALL the lustings still affecting my credit score and making it look terrible on my ability to have a good credit score. PLEASE HELP!

student loan

I also show 2 student loans showing closed with $o balances,due to disability.....but they are still listed on my report......have been told it will be 

dtrimblestudentloan's

MY loans were discahrge in 2004 and are now just starting to fall off in late 2016/2017 think it because it a hard Credit loan.

where are the replies

I have two small college loans that were forgiven, how do I get them off my credit report as late payments?

Student loan forgiveness

I also had my loans forgiven due to disability.  I got the letter of approval over six months ago. My loans are still on my report.  Ugh, suppose it's time to call Department of Education. 

getting my student loans forgiving

I'm only reading comments of ppl.having there student loans forgiven due to a disability...can ppl.that don't have a disability have there student loans forgiven? If so how can I do so?