Very recent medical collection & trying to buy a house. Best way to handle?
I am trying to buy my first house in the next few months and just had a medical account go into collections without my knowledge. I assumed my insurance company had taken care of the bill after I resubmitted it to them as I heard nothing else about my balance. I am prepared to pay the collection amount in full, however, I am unsure about the best way to go about this so it doesn't continue to hurt my credit. My credit is VERY borderline (630-660 depending on the reporting agency) and every little ding is a major deal. Any suggestions about how to best take care of this? Thank you!= in advance!