Question

Posted in Retirement

turlow

Value of my house
Can I actually sell my house for what the real estate company says it's worth?

Depends on supply and demand, and if someone wants your house badly enough.

I don't know what the real estate market is like where you live, but where I live it's crazy! Houses in my ZIP code routinely sell for MORE than their asking price. The average price in my ZIP code is $1.6 million, and there are usually bidding wars that drive the prices up. If it's like that where you live, then, yes, it's very realistic to expect to get whatever the amount was that the realtor gave you, or more. Otherwise...maybe not.