Question

willd2345

Utilizaton is high why?
Hello Everyone, Cant seem to figure this out, I havent used my credit cards in 10 months because my utilization was at 70%. So I decided to pay them down and not use them util I get the utilization down. What I can not figure out is now Credit Karma is saying my utilization is now 75% and my debt increased. How is this happening when I haven't used my cards.? Is it the interest that is causing this? I pay more than the minimum as well. I just cant seem to figure out what is causing this. I checked my statements no fraud..Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.

It is either an error or could be due to interest charges. Credit cards charge high interest, so it could be at play. This is not difficult to figure out. Look at your credit card statements and see what you owe. Is the amount going up or going down?