Question

SaveMefromDebt

Unpaid medical bill on credit report
I recently found a listing on my credit report for a creditor called RSSI. I had no inkling what this was, so I sent them a debt validation letter. There response shed some light on this for me. I had insurance at the time, and always was under the impression that it got paid that route ($99).

RSSI is not the original urgent care that I went to, they are a collection agency. What's the best process I can go through at this point?

Should I pay RSSI?
Should I pay the original urgent care?
Should I ask for a pay for delete (I'm reading HIPAA may make that possible)?
What process do I want to take?

I do have the ability to pay this bill, as it is mine. The fact that my insurance did not cover this bill is frustrating to me, and I'd rather put this whole ordeal behind me (to include not seeing it on my credit report).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

For that amount, I think I would try for a Pay Per Delete with the collector that has the account now.  I'm assuming this debt is not near the 7 year mark, right?  If it is close to 7 years old, it will fall off on its own 7 years from date it was incurred.  Make sure you get them to say in writing that they'll delete the account once paid in full, just in case you need that proof for the bureaus.  Good luck!