Question

koala11

Unpaid check claims
I am getting letters from a "collection agency" about bounced checks that I know I never wrote. I am 100% sure it is a fraud or a mistake. I would like to use credit karma to see if these claims in the mail are legitimate. Will these kinds of things appear on credit karma, or do i need to see a more detailed report?

Check all three reports now.

First, I'd check with your bank, since they would be the ones who would be claiming bounced checks and demanding fees.  Then, take them to the post office because this could (likely does) constitute mail fraud and the P.O. would want to put a halt to it NOW! 

Also, go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports which you will carefully examine, then file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  Do this once a year so errors (they're bound to happen) can be corrected before they can damage your credit score.

Credit Karma is not a credit bureau, it's an educational tool to help users to build and maintain good credit.  Read the articles and utilize the tools on this site so you can benefit by this new knowledge.