Question

Kalap1980

Under my accounts there is a catagorie that says other with a total, what is the other mean?
I have my total for my credit card debt and then also another total that is under "other", what is the other mean and why is it showing a different total that doesn't go with my credit cards?

Most Helpful Response

Check all 3 reports.

Go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Go over them thoroughly and you should see exactly what accounts are being reported.  It's possible there is an error made and it is not yours.  In this case, you'll want to file a dispute on any and all items that are not correct with the credit bureau reporting same.  They will have to investigate and either verify or delete the items.  You'll want to check your credit reports every year to make sure only the correct information is being reported.

Is it a CHARGE card?

First, as the other member said, check your reports. Also, make sure you have accounted for all your 'non credit card debt' like personal loans, etc. Now, check if you have an AMEX charge card and if the balance matches with the "other debt". It will most likely be that.

AMEX charge cards are reported differently to bureaus. For me, it says "other" or "installment account" and even "credit card, non  revolving" on different reports and for me, it was counted as "other debt".