Question

WiseCO14618

Too high of a limit?
I just applied for a Cap 1 card and was approved for a higher balance than I have ever had. I saw a 30 point drop in my score just because of the inquiry. Should I ask them to lower the limit?

Hi WiseCO,

The drop is more likely related to the inquiry and the young age of your new account. High credit limits tend to help credit scores, as they make more credit available to you, reducing your credit card utilization rate.

If you're not comfortable with the high limit, you can ask the bank to reduce it. 

gixxer555

I paid my balances off on my cards and everywhere I have checked things have been changed except at CK it is showing high utilization which is killing my score.