Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Jharel

Sometimes the site offers pretty daft "recommendations"...
Be careful about following any of the "recommendations" from the "My Recommendations" section of the site. CK "offered" to lower monthly payment of my auto loan, but do it in a very, very, stupid way... It wants me to get a new loan with a much longer term. Of course that would "lower the monthly payment" at a much greater final cost! First, the APR would already be higher than mine (which is puzzling to me as to why would there be recommendations anyways) and second, the term is much longer at the same time (well duh, of course that would "lower the monthly pay").

Total rubbish recommendations. That's what I see.

Yes, I know all about checking before jumping- I'm simply reminding other people to also check. I would like CK to also maybe considering changing their algorithms so it doesn't offer rubbish replacements that would end up costing people more.

The advertisers who pay for this site so we can enjoy it for free are the ones making the recommendations.  I have not taken any of the recommendations but have consulted with my credit union and got better deals than any card offered here.  Learn about credit from this site, make the needed correctiona and then make the choices that would benefit you the most.