Question

SaraBrazil

Someone else is on my credit report
My ex sister in-law and I have the same name. One of the reporting credit bureus is putting her student loan (which is in default)on my credit report. They even show her middle name which is different, and a different social on those accounts. I know I should send a certified letter, but what proof can I supply to them that I am not her?

Most Helpful Response

Sounds like you both have different Middle name and hope you have different birthdays along with different SSN's.   Should be enough information to get the ball rolling to have the information removed.   Yes a Certified letter and documents like a copy of your birth Cert. might help.  Each of the credit bureaus have a reporting process to correct information.  Deal with one bureau at a time till they have it corrected then moved on to the next.  Might take some time but you need to get it corrected.

Document everything you do,  who you call, what you send etc.

Good luck.

Thank you so much!

someone is  on my  credit  report,  not  my  name