Question

midibias

Should I send a validation letter?
I had a recent medical bill go to a collection agency. I contacted the provider right away and they agreed to accept payment in full within 30 days and stated they would pull it back from the collection agency. I paid the bill during the same call but would like to try to keep this off of my credit report. If I send a validation letter to the collection agency, will they be able to validate a settlied debt? I'm hoping that they will simply not respond.

Thanks for the input.

I would not do anything as the provider has agreed to pull the account back from collections. Give them some time to do it and if they do not do it within the month like they said then you can proceed with further action such as what you have mentioned doing or by contacting the provider and asking them to remove the collections as they agreed to do. If they do not, then you could send them a letter explaining your intent to sue for violating the terms of the agreement they made with you.