Question

cluelessmom

Should I pay and how do I go about doing so?
I am currently trying to become a first time home buyer but my credit scores are in the 520 range and i've been doing a lot of research on here and just wanted some more insight i have 6 accts in collections one being a credit with a 5664 balance on it and the others are relatively small... I drafted a letter to ask the companies to send me a letter saying they will delete the items from my report once they're paid... but what are some other ways to boost my credit rather quickly... i've gotten a secured credit card, im going to be added to my parents credit cards as an authorized use? any idea?

Most mortgage lenders require that all collections be taken care off prior to getting a mortgage. Remember though, that sometimes it is better to let things age off if the accounts are old enough. Best advice I can give is to slow down, understand that nothing is really quick with this, continue to read all that you can.