Question

fllblueguy

Should I paid off some CCs and keep paying the rest or lower all of them to 30%?
I have 10 CCs FULL.. Now I got some money . Do I pay 5 of them off and pay the others little by little or should I lower all of them to the 30%?

Most Helpful Response

I would pay in full the highest interest Crdit cards. No matter your score this is what makes the best money advice. Why pay off something with a lower interest rate and still be paying tons of interest on the high. Save money in the long run....

On a side note you need to start living within your means, 10 full CC's is not a financially healthy place to be, and I hope that you do not start just filling them up again.

In terms of your credit score, dispersal doesn't matter.  The overall debt-to-available credit ratio is all that's being factored.  As an example, if your cards had a total limit of 20,000 and you'd used 15,000 of it, it wouldn't matter if some cards were maxed and some were empty.  All that's considered is the 75% debt-to-credit ratio you're carrying.

However, in terms of credit with an individual credit card company, it matters.  But only if you're trying to do things like lower your APR or get a limit increase.  

Good luck!